With 400 million users, Gmail is the most popular free web services in the world. Gmail is loaded with many features that bring convenience to personal and business users. However, it is unfortunate that direct solution (in built) app that allows users to send a fax from Gmail has not been implemented.
Fortunately, there is a way for sending a fax from Gmail using third party solutions known as email faxing. The Gmail fax service provides you with a virtual fax number and digitally converts all incoming and outgoing faxes in the Gmail hence eliminating the need for the faxing machine.
Sending a fax from Gmail does not require long set ups or extra hardware or cables. After reading this content, you will be able to send the first fax within few minutes.
How to send a fax from Gmail
Sending a fax from email fax service is a very simple process that does not take much of your time. In fact, it is almost similar to traditional emailing but with few differences;
- The fax number is inputted in the “TO” field
- Attach fax contents are to the email
- The message field is used as the cover page
However, you should create an account with a fax service. Signing up for a trial is best if you do not want to spend your money.
- Step 1: open the Gmail account and click “COMPOSE” .
- Step 2: Enter the desired fax figure in the “TO” field, the fax number is followed by “@serviceprovider.com.” in this case, you will replace the text with the domain of your desired fax provider like @efax.com
Step 3: Enter the message that you want on the cover page using “MESSAGE” or “SUBJECT” field.
- Step 4: Attach the document to fax. You can enter common file types such as TXT, DOC, XLS, TIFF and JPG formats.
- Step 5: your fax in now ready to be sent. Just click “SEND” button and you are done. Transmitting a fax usually takes less than a minute, after which you will receive confirmation.
Sending a fax from Gmail is easy and faster than sending a fax through traditional means. All you need is to look fax service that suits your needs, taking into account delivery speed and cost of the subscription. You can sign up for a free trial of fax service providers to compare and find one that suits you most.